There are any of us that have gone visiting, seen plants in the hosts house, and wondered how good they would look in our own home. You then dash out, buy that plant, place it in the living room, and a week later it is dead. This is common for those that base their plants on appearance without taking into consideration if the environment in the room will suit the plant. Indoor plant hire will tell you that different plants are suitable for different environments, and they might need a different kind of care. In this article, we are going to highlight some of the things to look out for when choosing house plants.
Consider Room Conditions
There are certain room conditions that need to be looked at, as we will see below:
- Lighting: lighting is a major issue for many plants, with some requiring more light than others. This means that they have to be placed strategically by windows that face the sun, if they require more light. Others like cacti don’t require much light and can be put by windows that don’t get much sunlight.
- Temperature: the room temperatures vary depending on the seasons, and the cold months tend to bring many plants problems due to the central heating being switched on and off, cold drafts, no heating within the room, or sudden drops at night. One needs to check the reactions of the plants during such seasons when deciding on the right plants.
Easy or/and Low Light Plants
Many house plants are very easy to grow and maintain, and a good number of them cope with low light. These are plants that you can neglect since they don’t need too much of something, e.g. water and light. Just make sure not to overdo it.
There are some pets that enjoy chewing on plants, such as cats. If the plants are toxic, they could make the pets sick. This means putting the plants where the cats can’t get to them, and especially since the animals can jump. The best option is to go for nontoxic plants.
- Cacti and succulents: These can go for long without water and are very resilient plants.
- Children: Place plants away from toddler’s spaces, and go for nontoxic plants.
- Costs: Larger plants, and rare plants, tend to cost more.
Eco Green Office Plants
There are people that don’t have the time nor interested in planting and maintaining the plants, and the best solution for them is to hire the plants. Eco Green Office Plants is a company that is located in Melbourne, specializing in the hiring out of plants. They have a wide array of plants to choose from, that bring style, freshness and life to indoor spaces, bringing oxygen in the day time, while removing toxins such as carbon dioxide. The company has a team that is dedicated to taking care of the plants, ensuring that they are healthy and fresh at all times. Some of their services:
- Plant Hire
- Flowering Plants / Flowers
- Kentia Palm – Office Plants Melbourne
- Plant Walls
- Live Wall Art
The company operates from Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm, after which they can be reached on phone. They also offer free quotes.
House plants are a good addition to our homes, not only for the beauty and scents that they provide, but they also cleanse the air, making the environment healthier. Eco Green Office Plants have the assortment of plants to meet your needs.